Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#81394 by thunderbird
Sat May 14, 2011 8:30 am
pap wrote:I'm experiencing the same issue and it looks like many of you people have. I just spoke to OOMA (with a manager by the name of Mike) and they pretty much said what was stated here ... your are SOL, your warranty expired. OOMA does not assume any responsibility for any firmware upgrades that may cause your unit to go defective. If you ask me this is a raket... every year or so (after your warranty expires) OOMA sends an firmware upgrade that makes your unit defective so that you can spend another $200 to replace it ... what savings is this?

A couple of things, maybe a long shot, but worth checking out:
If your warranty has expired by just a few days, sometimes you can call Ooma Sales and purchase an extended warranty for I think around $40.00.
Others who have purchased the Ooma device with a credit card have said that there may be up to a two year replacement warranty provided by the credit card company.

Sales Information
Visit the buy page for a list of authorized resellers.
Email: sales@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-866-452-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST
Saturday-Sunday closed.
#88401 by tao1
Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:58 pm
So,

I am going thru the steps to get my boot failure Ooma covered under my cards extended warranty...they claim they need an Itemized repair estimate from a service provider such as the manufacturer, retailer or repair shop on company letterhead.
I have provided them with am email detailing that the unit is not repairable and advising us to purchase a new Telo unit as well as out customer service log #, but so far it has not been processed as accepted. Anyone have a way to get Ooma to supply exactly what they are looking for so I am not out the cost of the new unit - which I purchased at Costco and went ahead and bought a 3 yr square trade warrant - yes I know Costco would take it back - thank God,since this failing hardware at 14 months could get expensive!

Please help!!