Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#75412 by jeffk14
Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:35 pm
Hello! I'm a brand new Ooma customer and I'm excited about saving money on my phone bill. I've bought and installed the Hub device, paid for number porting and Ooma is working nicely. Just waiting for the porting process to go through now.

Question: After the porting process is complete, do I have to do anything to stop being billed by AT&T? Once Ooma ports my number, will termination of my landline account be automatic?

Thanks.
#75416 by murphy
Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:41 pm
It should be automatic but it doesn't hurt to verify that the account was cancelled.
#75419 by jeffk14
Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:47 pm
Thanks murphy. FWIW, I have internet through the cable company, so the landline from AT&T is the last thing that will go.

So, I guess I'll just wait for notification that porting is complete, then disconnect the outside connection and call AT&T to confirm account cancellation, correct?

Also, in the meantime (even though I'm still connected to the landline), if I pick up the phone and call long distance in the U.S., it's still a free Ooma call, right? I do have the Ooma dialtone on my handsets.

Sorry for the dumb newbie questions.