Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#75066 by H8245
Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:59 pm
I recently purchased and activated a Ooma Telco unit. Actual installation and activation was straight forward. I logged in to the My.Ooma.com site and set up some preferences. Two days later I could not access my account. I used email to contact support, which suggested that I use the password reset function on the web site. It did not recognize my phone and email combination. Another reply from support asked about my browser version, and suggested that I clear history, cache, and temp files. I did as asked and still no access. The next reply from support said that the account was deactivated two days after the initial activation. I did not knowingly deactivate the account. And do not believe that paying an additional $79.99 to reactivate is justifiable.

Ooma support has stopped answering email inquiries from my address. Have other users experienced the same issue, and what can I do to resolve my issue?

Chuck
#75088 by lbmofo
Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:53 pm
Call 1-888-711-OOMA to talk to a customer service rep.
#75092 by oom101
Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:42 am
send your problem to support@oomacare.com, and quietly explain that you activated, and that there is no way that you know of that an account could be deactivated online. I have heard of somebody activating with somebody else's code, and it is surely possible that when an Ooma rep did a request to deact, they keyed in wrong account, etc.
#75161 by H8245
Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:01 pm
oom101 wrote:There was another thread where this guy fixed a previous account activation that was in error by rebuilding the account...
Try telling what I said in above post, to him.
http://www.ooma.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=email&u=107

Thanks you user oom101 for your suggestion. Then Ooma forum moderator you suggested was able to assist me with my issue. In a private message to the moderator, I mentioned that support had not provided enough details to me to pass on to other users who may have the same problem. My hope is that no user have the same difficulty, and as a community the information to help others is available.

Grateful to all dedicated Ooma users,

Chuck