Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#74589 by AA548035
Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:27 am
I'm a new user to OOMA and have a question about set-up. I currently have OOMA setup as recommended with the wireless router (airport extreme). My question is my ATT gateway is already a wireless router and I have other equipment running out of it (ethernet for tv). The quick setup guide leads me to believe that the set-up is with a stand alone modem, but the uverse gateway is modem and wireless router combined. I've used OOMA without the extra wireless router (directly into gateway) and the call quality still seemed ok. Can any experts give their opinion?? The quick setup guide is dated 2009, has technology superceded that guide? Thanks
#74607 by thunderbird
Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:24 pm
AA548035:
First off, connect your Ooma device in the order that everything works for you. There is no right or wrong way. I have my Ooma Telo placed behind (on the LAN side of) my router and it functions very well.

Second, if you search the word "airport", from the board index page, you will find many pages for Ooma device installations similar to your installation.
#74622 by Leeway
Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:51 pm
I had ATT Uverse for over a year and loved it before I moved. I simply had my Ooma Telo plugged into the RG. It was great.

Donna
#74912 by schneid
Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:35 am
I have an ATT 2Wire DSL, router,WiFi residential Gateway. I plugged directly into an empty port on it. Call quality is great.