Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#73663 by woodrock
Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:43 am
Purchased Scout about a week after starting Hub. Now setup is asking me to complete addition of second number, but I selected the second number when I connected the Hub. When I view Preferences and phone numbers I can see the original Icon showing both Hub and Scout combined - but now there is an additional Scout icon! Is this normal or should I be able to control my Hub and Scout as far as sharing from the first icon? Did I do something wrong? How do I clear the request to add a second line when I have a second line? Now my set-up states I am only 60% complete. Not interested in pre-paying for foreign calls. Thanks for any guidance. PS - so far so good - Verizon is porting my number on 2/4/2011.
#73688 by ntoy
Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:06 pm
Hello,

Currently you are in premier trial which allows you to maintain 2 numbers. When your number ports, it will replace your main number by default unless you call in to have it replace your 2nd number. As for the scout showing up, this happened when you added the device. Both numbers are shared. If you want to make the 2nd number private, you would need to move or assign it to the scout.