Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#73062 by sechen
Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:57 pm
I have a DLINK 655 router and ooma works if the hub is between my modem and router. However this caused network issues and I am trying to set up the hub behind my router instead. I have not been able to do this successfully. Does anyone have setup instructions on how to do this? I have mac address filtering and a password associated with my router access. I have added the ooma hub mac address to my router settings to allow it access.
#73065 by murphy
Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:47 am
sechen wrote:I have a DLINK 655 router and ooma works if the hub is between my modem and router. However this caused network issues and I am trying to set up the hub behind my router instead. I have not been able to do this successfully. Does anyone have setup instructions on how to do this? I have mac address filtering and a password associated with my router access. I have added the ooma hub mac address to my router settings to allow it access.

The MAC address that you need to add is one higher than the one on the bottom of the box.
The bottom of the box MAC address is for the Home port.
The Internet port MAC address is one higher.

You should also temporarily connect a computer to the Home port and connect to http://setup.ooma.com and go to the Network page and select the radio button for Use Built in MAC address and then click update.