When I have the Telo hooked up: Modem to Wireless Router to Telo to computer; Telo works, wireless internet access works; wired computer internet access behind Telo doesn't work.
When I have the Telo hooked up: Modem to Telo to Wireless Router to computer - Telo works; no internet on either wired computer or wireless access. Router lights show like it is connected to the internet, but nothing works.
I have rebooted and reset all the components.
Anyone have any suggestions?
It can't be the same as the range the Ooma box uses.
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx
1. With Ooma Telo behind (LAN side of) router,temporarily access your Ooma Telo “home port” by plugging in a patch (network) cable from the Ooma Telo home port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the patch cable, so that a proper connection occurs.
2. Type http://setup.ooma.com in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
3. In the left hand Navigation window, select “Network”.
4. Under “Network Settings” go to network connection: select the down arrow with your mouse and select “Automatic” (if not already configured to Automatic).
5. Enter the following:
a. Under “Modem Port MAC Address”, select "Use Built in":
b. Select the Update button.
6. Do a “cold boot” of the router.
7. After the router cold boot, do a “cold boot” of the Ooma Telo.
8. Than restart your Laptop.
If your Laptop still can't see the Internet, try the following:
Ping your router's LAN IP address with your Laptop still connected to the Ooma Telo's "Home" Port.
1. On your Laptop go to "Start", Than "Run", Open "Run" window, than type "cmd" and enter. The cmd window will open.
Ping: your router's LAN IP address, will look like: ping 192.168.0.1 ,and enter (must get actual router LAN IP number from your router).
If you can successfully ping your router's LAN IP address, but you still can't access the Internet, than something in your router is probably blocking. If you can't successfully ping your router's LAN address, than you Ooma Telo is probably defective.
Try it and good luck.
PS: there is one more thing to try, that I can post later, if you still can't access the Internet.