Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#71856 by bak
Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:39 pm
Receive email from C.B.S.

[quote]Dear Valued Customer,

If your phone service provider, or your actual phone (corded or otherwise, cell or landline), will not allow you to accept collect calls then you will be unable to accept calls from this correctional facility. The type of billing account you have set up (or the inmate has at the facility - i.e. a Debit Offender/Commissary Account) does not affect how you accept calls from a correctional facility - all of the calls are collect calls, and you will need to inquire with your phone provider whether or not you will be able to accept collect calls from the facility.

We would recommend the use of a standard corded landline phone with a trusted and preferred phone service provider for the purpose of accepting calls from a correctional facility and cannot guarantee quality and service of calls when using A) Cell phones or B) VOIP service providers.

Please let us know if we can further assist you.

Thank you,

Customer Care
[quote]

Upon calling C.B.S., set up prepaid accout with approved numbers of LL, ooma, and cell. Then inmate called LL, and had inmate try to call ooma and cell. Cell call worked. Inmate said received message that "number is restricted" when trying to call ooma number.

For my sitituation, guess I will port LL to ooma and go non-intrigrated, and use cell for inmate calls, But I am providing the above info to assist others with simular sitituations.

Sure would be nice if ooma could design fix for receiving billed type numbers(ie; collect) if billing was handled thru 3rd parties(ie:prepaid)
#71860 by southsound
Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:00 pm
Great information. Thanks for confirming. Now when asked we can give more accurate advice. I'm glad your cell phone is working with CBS.
#74689 by bak
Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:38 pm
FYI,
Interesting, just received call from inmate, on ooma-ported#, after previously being told would not work for collect calls and had set up prepaid account with ooma-temp#, ported#, and cell#, and previous test when inmate called ooma temp#, call could not be completed.
Maybe systems had to settle down for a couple of days after setting up prepaid account. Maybe ported# that inmate had previously used to call LL was the difference. FWIW