Can't access the internet?

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
jocarlso

Can't access the internet?

Post by jocarlso » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:19 am

Great forum. I set up my Ooma between my modem and my Linksys router. My computer says it has an internet connection but when I try to load any web page it will not load. Any ideas? Does this have to do with my firewall or something? The same thing happened on my laptop.

John

murphy

Re: Can't access the internet?

Post by murphy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:05 am

Did you turn all three devices off while you made the connections?
Turn them on in the following order waiting for each device to stabilize before moving on to the next.
modem
Ooma
router
computer(s)
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

jocarlso

Post by jocarlso » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and it still did not work. So I ended up calling support and they had me put the wireless router in-between the modem and the Ooma; which is not one of the options in the set-up diagrams. After powering up in the correct order everything worked. The guy that helped me had not heard of this problem before.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:43 pm

If you want to try the modem/ooma/router config again.

Do this and see: viewtopic.php?t=7430#p52257

A part of optimum setup: viewtopic.php?t=9536#p66155
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

jocarlso

Post by jocarlso » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:32 am

Would there be a reason why I should try to get the modem/Ooma/router configuration to work? Or am I ok with modem/router/Ooma?

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:35 am

jocarlso wrote:Would there be a reason why I should try to get the modem/Ooma/router configuration to work? Or am I ok with modem/router/Ooma?
Hello,

Modem/router/Ooma should be fine. The other configuration is just a recommendation.

Detuk

Post by Detuk » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 am

I have the same problem. With Ooma located after my router I am connected to the internet. However, when there is a power surge my router ( Linksys E100 N wireless) goes down and my Ooma phone goes offline. When I place Ooma between the Modem and router, I have phone service and a signal to the computer but am unable to access the internet. Ooma tech service has not been able to resolve this issue.
I'd like to locate the Ooma between the modem and router to insure phone service if the router goes offline (requires rebooting the router)

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:58 am

Detuk wrote:I have the same problem. With Ooma located after my router I am connected to the internet. However, when there is a power surge my router ( Linksys E100 N wireless) goes down and my Ooma phone goes offline. When I place Ooma between the Modem and router, I have phone service and a signal to the computer but am unable to access the internet. Ooma tech service has not been able to resolve this issue.
I'd like to locate the Ooma between the modem and router to insure phone service if the router goes offline (requires rebooting the router)
I'd try this: do the "built in modem port mac address" within this post viewtopic.php?t=9536#p66155
and then follow the power cycling sequence murphy suggested above.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!