Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#69105 by mogur
Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:28 pm
I'm a new Ooma user and have the Telo. I have a few questions regarding the setup. My configuration is as below:

TW cable modem -> Hawking HBB1 QOS optimizer -> Sonicwall TZ100 hardware firewall -> 16 port switch -> Telo Internet port (nothing on Telo home port)

A few questions:

1) I have aset the Teo to use it's built-in MAC since this seems appropriate to my setup?

2) I have set the Telo QOS to 0 for both since it appears to be appropriate for my setup?

3) Under Bluetooth setup, there is a check box for Allow receive audio. This was off and I turned it on. What does this do and was that appropriate?

Thanks,
Tom
Last edited by mogur on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
#69106 by murphy
Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:47 am
What is the "hub" between the Sonicwall and the Telo? Did you mean a switch? Hub in Ooma land refers to the original product that preceded the Telo.

1 and 2 are correct.

Do you have a bluetooth adapter? If not, nothing in the bluetooth setup means anything.
The setting defaults to off for a reason. It should only be turned on if the bluetooth connection doesn't work properly.
#69108 by mogur
Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:31 am
Yes, the hub is an ethernet switch, not an Ooma hub.

Thanks for the info on the Bluetooth. I am not currently using Bluetooth so I'll not concern myself with it at the moment.

Tom
Last edited by mogur on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
#69117 by murphy
Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:34 am
mogur wrote:Yes, the hub is an ethernet hub, not an Ooma hub. A switch is technically a little different than a hub so I didn't call it that but it didn't occur to me that might be confusing.

Thanks for the info on the Bluetooth. I am not currently using Bluetooth so I'll not concern myself with it at the moment.

Tom

You might want to contact customer support and have them change your user ID to something other than your phone number.
All of the search engines scan this site. You could end up getting lots of unwanted phone calls.

Where did you find a hub? I thought they stopped making those about 10 years ago.
#69121 by mogur
Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:28 am
Customer service changed it, thanks. If you could edit your post to remove the number, I'd appreciate that.

Thanks,
Tom

You might want to contact customer support and have them change your user ID to something other than your phone number.
All of the search engines scan this site. You could end up getting lots of unwanted phone calls.