If you have a great idea for Ooma Office or have a specific feature request, share it here.
#110107 by DIA
Mon May 20, 2013 4:47 pm
In our office, we like to have a live body answer the phone if at all possible. However, when that isn't possible, the virtual receptionist with options for the caller to be transferred to a specific extension is not a bad backup option. However, I don't see a way to configure Ooma Office to work in this manner currently.

We currently have the system set up so incoming calls go to a ring group that rings three extensions. If none of them pick up, then the call goes to a general extension that has a voice mail enabled. What I'd like to see is the option to have the call go to the virtual receptionist if none of the extensions in the ring group answer rather than being dumped to a generic voice mail box.

If there is a way to accomplish what I want currently, please advise how I can do it. Otherwise, please consider adding this capability as soon as possible. We can't be the only small office that would like to see the system work in this manner.
#110111 by Dennis P
Mon May 20, 2013 9:38 pm
DIA wrote:In our office, we like to have a live body answer the phone if at all possible. However, when that isn't possible, the virtual receptionist with options for the caller to be transferred to a specific extension is not a bad backup option. However, I don't see a way to configure Ooma Office to work in this manner currently.

We currently have the system set up so incoming calls go to a ring group that rings three extensions. If none of them pick up, then the call goes to a general extension that has a voice mail enabled. What I'd like to see is the option to have the call go to the virtual receptionist if none of the extensions in the ring group answer rather than being dumped to a generic voice mail box.

If there is a way to accomplish what I want currently, please advise how I can do it. Otherwise, please consider adding this capability as soon as possible. We can't be the only small office that would like to see the system work in this manner.

It's a good idea and, if I recall correctly, one that was brought up in our beta tests. We plan to add this option in the near future.
#110134 by mpaul
Tue May 21, 2013 1:12 pm
I agree with DIA. I am in the process of setting up the base station right now for our new business, and I would really appreciate the option to have the Virtual Receptionist answer if not picked up by designated extensions.
#110141 by Tuan
Tue May 21, 2013 2:51 pm
I posted this elsewhere before the Ooma Office Forum was created.

I'd like to request Ooma place this highly desired feature the top of their to-do list. This is a basic feature that every small business needs. When no one is available to answer the phone, virtual receptionist should answer the calls and tell callers we're busy and give them options to be: 1. On hold 2. Leave a voicemail 3. Ring an extension (e.g. cell phone).

If it's after hours, then virtually receptionist tells caller it's after hours and give options 2 and 3 above.
#110294 by sfooma
Sun May 26, 2013 1:07 pm
I would like to add my vote for this option.
I don't know how many replies you need before a suggestion is implemented, but I agree that this suggestion should be moved to the top of the list.
Small business survives on the personal touch. A live voice answering the phone is imperative.
Dennis, I hope the near future is not too far off.
#110376 by Dennis P
Wed May 29, 2013 1:00 pm
sfooma wrote:I would like to add my vote for this option.
I don't know how many replies you need before a suggestion is implemented, but I agree that this suggestion should be moved to the top of the list.
Small business survives on the personal touch. A live voice answering the phone is imperative.
Dennis, I hope the near future is not too far off.

I hear you...It is definitely near the top of our list in terms of features to add.
#111566 by Dennis P
Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:53 am
Just to close the loop on this, we have recently added this feature. Under the "advanced" tab, you can select what action you want to take after the ring group times out. You can transfer the call to another extension on the system (like the virtual receptionist), or transfer directly to one of your voicemail accounts.
#111791 by Bobby B
Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:59 am
To access the advanced ring group settings:

1. Goto the extensions page
2. Click the "Gear" icon to edit the ring group extension
3. Click the "Advanced" tab to access the settings

tolousn wrote:Just to open this loop back up... :)
Where exactly are the advanced settings? I do not see it anywhere on any of the pages.