Have a question about a specific feature? Post it here!
#110825 by Tony
Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:24 pm
Hi Cpole,

What phone brand and exact model are you using?

I will call you and convene for a time where I can look in real time in your call transfer tests and corresponding live logs.
#110901 by gjg3238
Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:40 pm
I'm experiencing the same issue as Cpole. I haven't been able to successfully transfer a call using the blind method (* 1). I can make the attended transfer work. I'm able to call the other extension without any issues.
#110963 by Tony
Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:49 pm
Hi cpole, gjg3238,

I purchased the same phone model as cpole was using. I did not experience any issue.

Invoking the Ooma Office features using star codes, at this time the inter-digit time out between the [*] key press and the next digit key press is 2 seconds.

If the interval between the [*] key press and the next digit is more than 2 seconds, both DTMFs are sent to the other party on the call and is not considered as invoking a feature such as call transfer.

It may be possible that the issue you were experiencing is that you did not dial fast enough star sequences like:

[*][1] 1-step transfer
[*][2]<ext-number> 2-step transfer
[*][3] 3-way conference
[*][8]<ext-number> direct transfer to voicemail
#110964 by Cpole
Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:03 pm
Well, I know I wasn't waiting 2 seconds after pressing the "*" key but thanks for the input. Unlike gjg3238 the blind transfer did work half the time. We haven't had time to mess with the phone system this week so will test again next week as we are getting desk phones. Overall, pretty happy with quality of phone calls on Ooma business. Almost abandoned it due to lack of features, but when I read they were coming soon I decided to give it a chance. Actually, AT&T ticked me off once again and reminded me of why I wanted to make this move. Their customer service absolutely sucks, and so far, Ooma customer service is awesome.

I'll report back next week when we have a chance to see if our transfer problem still exists. For the most part we don't use a blind transfer so it is not a big issue for now.

Cpole
#129043 by LakeHabitat
Tue May 12, 2015 8:07 am
I am also having the problem with blind transfers. When I press *1, the caller can hear the on-hold music. I press the extension to transfer to, and Ooma says "call transferred." I hang up the phone, and the caller is disconnected.

We can do the announced transfers successfully.

We have a mix of phone handsets, and the behavior is the same on any of them.

Steve Wylie
Program Manager
Habitat for Humanity Lake County
707-994-1100 x104