Have a question about a specific feature? Post it here!
#110136 by DIA
Tue May 21, 2013 1:20 pm
I've been playing with transferring calls. If I have a caller on the line and press flash they get put on hold. I can then press *T and I get asked what extension to transfer them to. However, once I input the extension the caller gets put straight into the extensions voice mail. The phone on the extension never rings. Is there something else that needs to be done to transfer a call?
Last edited by DIA on Tue May 21, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#110149 by DIA
Tue May 21, 2013 4:24 pm
Tom B, yes, the extension would ring when called from another extension. Of course, now I'm trying to do some more testing and the *T isn't working at all.
#110181 by Dennis P
Wed May 22, 2013 12:49 pm
DIA wrote:Tom B, yes, the extension would ring when called from another extension. Of course, now I'm trying to do some more testing and the *T isn't working at all.

You mean *1, right? The sequence is:

1. You are talking to the remote party
2. You press *1 and get dialtone
3. Dial the extension
4. You'll hear an announcement saying that the call is transferred
#110183 by DIA
Wed May 22, 2013 1:49 pm
Thanks Dennis P. I'm not sure where I got the *T from, but that would explain why it didn't work. *1 does work and I am able to transfer calls successfully now.

I'm sure it will change over the next few weeks, but there seems to be a serious shortage of details on how to operate the system currently available. In case it helps anyone else, here are some very basic instructions I put together for the people in our office.

Access voicemail
- Dial your own extension
- Follow prompts

Blind Transfer
- Press *1
- Dial extension number
- Hang up

Attended Transfer
- Put call on hold (Flash)
- Dial extension number
- Wait for extension to answer and tell them who is calling
- Press *2 to complete transfer
- Hang up
Last edited by DIA on Wed May 22, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#110186 by Dennis P
Wed May 22, 2013 2:25 pm
Yes, you are right. We have a bunch of knowledge base articles that will go live soon that should address this documentation gap.
#110216 by Tuan
Thu May 23, 2013 11:19 am
Access voicemail
- Dial your own extension
- Follow prompts

Blind Transfer
- Press *1
- Dial extension number
- Hang up

Attended Transfer
- Put call on hold (Flash)
- Dial extension number
- Wait for extension to answer and tell them who is calling
- Press *2 to complete transfer
- Hang up[/quote]

I just confirmed that this works for me. Thanks for the post DIA.
#110626 by Rf-ny
Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:46 am
Great Post and exactly what i was looking for... could not get ATTENDED Transfers to work... but i was missing the *2 at the end i guess !
Yes, 100% these are functions that should be covered in manual or online.... as most that use this for business will be needing this...
Thank you all for the posts... very helpful !!
Rf
#110687 by Cpole
Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:02 pm
Transfer calls is good, when it works. I don't know if it is the phones we are using, or just temperamental new product software, but *1 and *2 transfers seem to work only half the time. When they don't work, the caller hears the "*1" and any other keys pressed. Once it doesn't work, retries on same call never work. The attended transfer (placing call on hold) however seems to work every time so that's our procedure for now.

Any suggestions? What would keep Ooma from recognizing the star key some of the time?

Thanks,

Cpole