Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
#7219 by arlane05
Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:40 am
I too am having outage issues in West Palm Beach, I thought this was an isolated incident, but I see others around the country are having issues as well. I have not seen any interruption in service since I went online last Dec 2008, my isp has been down a few times but this is the first major incidents with ooma, it is inconvenient, but they do their best to remedy the situation ASAP.
#7226 by zeppelin
Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:44 am
I had AT&T for 25 years w/o an outage and ooma for 4 months and 2 outages. I guess you get what you pay for. I still love the system when it is working.
I think they should find a way to let everyone know when these outage are occurring. I started troubleshooting my setup when this happened when all of a sudden it started working. I went to the lounge and found out that it was an ooma issue.
They should really have someone updating the status page so we can monitor it there.
#7231 by tjnamtiw
Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:45 am
suntanjam wrote:Back up in NJ. All blue! I hope this is it for a while as I do like OOMA, but if this continues it may be time to say goodbye.

What would you switch to? Vonage, Magic Jack? When the internet screws up, they all screw up or have the option to get screwed up. My landline went down every time it RAINED so there are no guarantees. That went on for a MONTH before they finally fixed it. You all need to realize technology will screw you every chance it gets. As for relying on any internet service for 911 as another poster said, it's a crap shoot. If you have a diabetic family member, you should have been more responsible and kept your basic landline. You all have cell phones too for such very uncommon occurrences. I guess I'm basically saying 'Stop crying like babies' Stuff happens!!!!