Call for Ooma Telo Beta Participants!

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!

Call for Ooma Telo Beta Participants!

Postby Bobby B » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Ooma Telo Beta Selection

---------------------------------------------
Update: 7/30/2009 Thanks to everyone who filled out the survey! We'll be sending out invites next week. This thread will be locked and moved to the "beta feedback" forum.
---------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

Next month, we'll be starting up the Ooma Telo Beta program. If you haven't heard, Ooma Telo is our next generation product that we plan to release later this year.

Before we can release the product, we need enthusiastic beta testers to help us create an amazing consumer experience.

To qualify and be considered as a beta tester, you must:

1. Be an Active Ooma Customer (i.e. you currently own and actively use an Ooma Hub system)
2. Have an Ooma Forums username

If you satisfy these two requirements, please fill out the following survey to apply:
Survey Link

If you're selected as an Ooma Telo beta tester, you'll get an Ooma Telo unit along with at least one handset. After the beta completes, your Ooma Telo should continue to function normally.

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,
Ooma Product Team

Note: If you've already received an invite for the Ooma Telo beta, you can ignore these instructions - you're already in!
Bobby B
Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Call for Ooma Telo Beta Participants!

Postby Aveamantium » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:53 pm

I'd love the chance to test the Telo... Just sent in my survey! :)
Go AVS!
Aveamantium

Postby but2002 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:56 pm

Do we have to pay for the Telo if we beta test? Or will they send it free for being a beta tester?
but2002

Postby Bobby B » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:58 pm

You'll get a system for free -- all we ask for in return is that you use it and give us your feedback! :)

but2002 wrote:Do we have to pay for the Telo if we beta test? Or will they send it free for being a beta tester?
Bobby B
Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Postby RickO » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:30 pm

I would absolutely love the opportunity to become an Ooma Telo beta test participant! I've just completed the survey and have my fingers crossed!
RickO

Postby but2002 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:47 pm

Bobby B wrote:You'll get a system for free -- all we ask for in return is that you use it and give us your feedback! :)

but2002 wrote:Do we have to pay for the Telo if we beta test? Or will they send it free for being a beta tester?

Sweet, what about shipping costs though?

EDIT: I filled out the survey! I hope shipping is free! :) If not.. I hope I'll be able to pay it :\ :P

EDIT2: OH! Will it come with a scout? If not, will the current scout work with it?
but2002

Postby southsound » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:28 pm

but2002 wrote: Will it come with a scout? If not, will the current scout work with it?

There is no need for the scout although the current hub and scout will continue to be supported - but the scout does not work with the Telo. The Telo uses DECT 6.0 technology and has very cool cordless handsets. (All of this gleaned from other posts). If you want to be really impressed, here is an article from Astro Studios who did the awesome design for the ooma Telo - and the hub/scout as well: http://www.astrostudios.com/blog/15/Ooma_Telo_takes_home_Innovation_Award_from_CES_2009/
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.
southsound

Postby just4fn » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:49 pm

If you are selected as a beta tester will your ported ooma number follow the Telo system?
Ooma Telo, Hub.
1958 was a very good year!
No cell phone , no land line- just Ooma
all my eggs in one Ooma basket
I lied- my wife has a cell, but not me!! I like my privacy and not being attached to a phone.
just4fn

Postby ydnar723 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:10 pm

Testing and giving feedback, sounds like a lot of fun, I put my survey in!
ydnar723

Location: Maine...yes that place in between Canada and Boston

Postby donald_b » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:29 pm

I've been using Ooma since last year and rely 100% on my device for my landline service. I love it and I am very pleased that we are invited to beta test Telo. I have been anxiously awaiting this new product and tell EVERYONE about my Ooma ! I look forward to the possibility of being an active beta-tester!
Thank you, Ooma !
donald_b

Next

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests