Sales Development Representative (VARS)
Location: Newark, CA
The primary goal of the Sales Development Representative (SDR) is to increase the qualified pipeline of new VAR’s to increase sales volume of the Ooma Office product and services. Ooma Office is a VoIP solution that allows small and medium sized businesses to act and sound like a big business without increasing their costs. The SDR should be a self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up and sales development experience at multiple executive levels within an organization. The role will be primarily working with small business owners across the country.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize a consistent contact attempt process via phone and e-mail, nurture, qualify and sell prospects generated by marketing campaigns. The SDR will make a minimum of 100 outbound calls a day.
- Prospect, educate and qualify leads to sign quality VAR’s.
- Keep abreast of the industry and technologies to ensure you are a trusted resource to prospects and customers.
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Follow the established pre-sales process and consistently use Salesforce.com to document prospect interaction ensuring efficient lead management.
* This is not a Business to Consumer (B2C) sale, it is Business to Business (B2B), which requires more depth and sophistication from the sales rep.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- SMB or B2B sales experience preferred, specifically within the VAR (Value Added Reseller) Community
- Previous experience with Salesforce.com strongly preferred
- Previous sales experience required
- Undergraduate degree, preferred
Preferred Experience & Skill:
- Tenacity, discipline and focus
- Good communications skills
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-pace, high performing organization
- Professional/business maturity, ability to work with small to medium sized business owners
- Cold Calling
Ooma offers consumer and business products that provide free and low-cost U.S. and Canadian telephone calling and advanced cloud-based telephony services to its global base of customers. Ooma delivers HD call quality and the reliability of traditional phone service at a fraction of the cost, in a sleek and innovative design. Ooma has been ranked the #1 home phone service for overall satisfaction and value for the last three consecutive years by a leading consumer research publication. The Ooma Mobile HD app allows customers to make U.S. and international calls from their iOS and Android devices. Ooma is available at leading retailers and online destinations. For more information, go to www.ooma.com (U.S.) or www.ooma.com/ca (Canada).
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to email@example.com. (We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.