Job Title: Technical Support
FLSA Classification: Contract
Department: Customer Service
Location: Newark, CA
Reports to: Director of Customer Service
The role of Technical Support candidate is an advanced technical position in a high-volume fast-paced VoIP technical contact center. The incumbent will be responsible for handling escalated customer cases by troubleshooting advanced/complex hardware and software issues while providing a best-in-class customer experience. Responsibilities include all facets of the day-to-day operational execution from handling inbound calls into the Queue, following up on escalated issues from the corporate office, or calling back on open issues from Support tickets. Customer communication mediums include the telephone channel, email and chat-based interactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as the main point of escalation for our offshore staff and corporate escalations at the executive level.
• Provide front line troubleshooting and technical support in Ooma’s tiered support model.
• Provide technical support to customers with the most difficult or challenging problems.
• Going the extra mile to follow up with customers, ensuring issues are resolved and customers are satisfied in a timely manner.
• Diagnose network, router or connectivity issues to help improve Quality of Service for calls.
• Apply troubleshooting techniques to resolve VOIP problems by utilizing packet captures and reviewing logs.
• Monitor telecommunication services that include our carriers, our telephony servers, etc.
• Provide root cause analysis of new issues and provide detailed analysis for our engineering teams.
• Provide customer updates on status of open issues or confirmation when issues are resolved.
• Prioritize impact of customer-facing issues for analysis and fixing by engineering teams.
• Apply expert knowledge of Ooma’s services, VOIP technology and networking hardware and software.
• Report all product deficiencies and defects to the corresponding teams.
• Identify bugs and possible service impairments based on call trends and customer feedback.
• Test newly fixed bugs prior to deployment by the engineering team.
• Help maintaining customer facing and internal Support knowledgebase articles.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Possesses high technical aptitude.
• Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment.
• Experience driving continuous improvement in a complex product support role for a company known for its focus on customer service.
• At least 2-year experience in an technical support role.
• Ability to communicate and empathize with all levels of customers – executives, external customers and engineers.
• Solid background with VOIP technology and terminology (VOIP, SIP, RTP, QOS, Codecs).
• Experience working with telecommunications and/or networking products.
• Experience working very closely with technical teams to drive software or hardware improvements based on customer impact/feedback.
• Familiar with network performance testing software.
• Knowledgeable in advanced network troubleshooting and Terminology (LAN/WAN: Routers, Firewalls, Switches, TCP/IP, DNS, etc.)
• Any networking, IT or telecommunications certification is a plus.
• Familiar with Customer Relationship Management software, RightNow a plus.
• Highly organized and results oriented.
• Excellent punctuality and attendance record a must.
• Spanish and French speakers will be a PLUS.
• Undergraduate degree preferred, preferably in a technical discipline.
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.