Senior Tax Accountant
Job Title: Senior Tax Accountant
FLSA Classification: Full Time
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Summary of Position:
Ooma offers consumer and business products that provide free and low-cost U.S. and Canadian telephone calling and advanced cloud-based telephony services to its global base of customers. Ooma has been ranked the #1 home phone service for overall satisfaction and value for the last three consecutive years by a leading consumer research publication. We have an amazing opportunity for a self-motivated Sr. Accountant – Sales, Use, Telecom and Canadian Tax. This financial contributor will have an entrepreneurial drive and a desire to be a part of a unique culture that is committed to growing our organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the compliance process to ensure that returns are filed and paid accurately and timely by preparing and reviewing the sales/use tax, telecom tax and Canadian GST/HST/PST returns, supporting work papers, and applicable payment request documentation.
- Review the tax rate update process to ensure that accurate and current sales/use, telecom and Canadian GST/HST/PST rates are included in our systems and documentation.
- Verifies, on a monthly basis, the accuracy of the sales/use tax, telecom and Canadian GST/HST/PST general ledger account balances.
- Provides guidance to internal and external customers by providing timely and accurate responses to taxability and exemption certificate validation requests.
- Maintains current and accurate taxability matrices that are used throughout the company
- Keeps current with sales/use tax, telecom and Canadian GST/HST/PST laws, regulations, proposed changes and other current tax issues pertinent to Ooma’s business.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements or for tax savings and provide solutions to make those improvements or to realize the tax savings.
- Manages the archiving of all compliance documentation to ensure that complete files are available to support completion and resolution of audits and notices received.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting/Finance, with 3-5 years of progressive experience with US multi-state sales/use tax compliance and Canadian Tax
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Access, Pivot Tables, Formulas, and Macros a plus
- Experience in NetSuite is a plus
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to email@example.com. (We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.