Senior Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
Job Title: Senior Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
The Senior Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting is a key hire. Responsible for external reporting (including but not limited to Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and Annual Proxy Statement) technical review of accounting issues to ensure compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, and Sox 404 control documentation and testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of the periodic reports, including Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, annual report and all other SEC filing documents in compliance with all SEC and US GAAP disclosing requirements.
- Research, evaluate, and document technical accounting and external reporting implications of complex and non-standard transactions and communicate required treatment and entries to accounting staff.
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations, including newly issued accounting pronouncements.
- Manage the preparation and maintain support for all areas of our external reporting process, such as EPS calculations, Consolidated Balance Sheet, Consolidated Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of Stockholders’ Equity and Form 10-K and 10-Q support binders.
- Manage the stock-based compensation expense
- Manage the reporting timeline and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure reporting timelines are met.
- Responsible for the preparation of the XBRL tagging of financial statements under US GAAP.
- Maintain, update, and evaluate new accounting policies in line with new pronouncements.
- Coordination with Internal Audit and managing all aspects of the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements and audit engagement, including scope setting, updating key controls, implementation of controls, and managing the execution of the control testing.
- Prepare the financial press releases and assist in review of financial scripts.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA required.
- Minimum of seven years of related professional accounting experience.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations required.
- Ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues.
- Public Accounting background is a big plus.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and successfully deliver results.
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with both external and internal parties.
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills.
- Possesses the willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done accurately, efficiently and with the highest level of integrity.
- High level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Possesses a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to email@example.com. (We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.