Job Title: Payroll Manager
FLSA Classification: Full Time Exempt
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Reports to: Corporate Controller
The Payroll Manager is responsible for all areas relating to payroll for a one person payroll department as well as stock administration and other various duties. This position currently reports to the Corporate Controller. The Payroll Manager is responsible for processing a semi-monthly payroll For California and Colorado. Headcount of 100+ fulltime employees (mostly exempt workers, but some non-exempt workers). The position will have contact with senior level management which requires strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ensure the accurate and timely processing of the Company’s payroll on a semimonthly basis.
• Perform all activities necessary to process 2 payrolls per month, including maintaining related records, voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as garnishments.
• Documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management.
• Responsible for posting all payroll related journals in the Company’s NetSuite accounting system
• Responsible for reporting H.S.A. contributions and Flex Spending to third party provider.
• Review quarterly and annual returns, including W-2s.
• Address all EDD correspondence and audits, as necessary.
• Address and track all garnishment related issues.
• Must be familiar with the payroll implications regarding option exercises.
• Must be familiar with the payroll implications regarding visa/immigrations issues.
• Manage stock administration while working closely with legal, including review and track all options grants and option exercises
• Keep up-to-date on payroll-related developments and advise management on their implications
Required Experience & Qualifications:
• At least five years prior payroll experience in high tech.
• Must have experience using ADP Workforce Now and EZ Labor.
• Experience implementing a new payroll system is a plus
• CPP certification required
• High level of dedication to adhere to deadlines and attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to email@example.com.
(We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Click here for PDF version: Payroll Manager