Job Title: Systems Engineer
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Reports to: Manager, IT
Summary: Ooma is seeking a rock-star to join our IT team to help support our ever-growing Employee base. Duties include general Linux systems administration, Windows System Administration, Racking and Stacking Data Center equipment, as well as General User support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- General systems administration and maintenance tasks of various systems
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Development and maintenance of IT internal monitoring and alerting site; this includes maintaining current monitoring systems such as Nagios, etc.
- General administration, maintenance, and backup of various IT systems (such as, but not limited to, AD, DNS, DHCP, Mail, Radius, VPN, etc.)
- Constantly provide feedback to the team regarding efficiencies that can be added into the system for smoother and more reliable operation
- Managing daily issues, performing routine maintenance and monitoring of the systems and network health
- Troubleshooting of difficult technical problems escalated from RT trouble tickets
- Assisting in capacity planning, performing software upgrades on various platforms, data center build outs, and change management.
- Systems, Database, and Application tuning for maximum availability and performance.
- Participation in 24/7/365 on-call pager/cell phone rotation.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of professional experience in Systems Administration in a mixed OS environment
- 3+ years managing Users, Computer environment by using Group Policy and Microsoft Windows Active Directory
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Experience with AWS, or other cloud Services and experience with VMware or other virtualization platforms is a definite plus.
- Desire and hunger to constantly learn and grow. A quick study. Enjoys working in small team environments. Self-starter and self motivated with great multi-tasking skills. Comfortable in pressure situations while keeping a positive, can-do attitude at all times.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out requirements provided in written, oral, and/or diagram form. Ability to specify goals and constraints, propose alternative solutions to issues, consider risks, and evaluate and choose best course of action.
To apply, please submit your resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. (We will accept your resume in either one of the following formats: RTF, DOC, PDF, TXT)
Ooma™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.