I have a basic Ooma system (1st generation, the white boxy one) with a Hub and a Scout. I have had it since Jan 2010 and it has worked great.
Internet <-> Hub <-> House Phone Wiring <-> Scout <-> Handset
Problem: No dial tone on the handset connected to the Scout, and the Scout shows four solid red lights (the bottom row).
Other useful information:
- There is a handset that connects to the Hub directly and works fine.
- The Ooma tab on the Hub is blue.
- Following advice from other forum posts, I carried the Scout downstairs and hooked it directly to the Hub, Wall jack to Wall jack. I then took an old school wired phone and connected it to the Scout in its Phone jack. The Scout powered up to the same four red lights and I got no dial tone.
- I have verified the wiring is correct multiple times, even deliberately trying crossing the wires as suggested in another post.
- This happened randomly, there was no event such as the Scout being dropped or a power surge that brought this on (that I know of). One day I noticed the red lights were on and the phone didn't work.
Are there troubleshooting steps I haven't yet found? What else can I try? Is this a warranty claim?
Thank you in advance for any help!