Ooma Telo & U-verse I38HG Gateway-- Router for Bridge Qs

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
kdd9618

Ooma Telo & U-verse I38HG Gateway-- Router for Bridge Qs

Post by kdd9618 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:22 am

I purchased a Ooma Telo from Amazon.com and very eager to install. Currently I have Uverse Internet & Home phone service. I plan on getting rid of home phone side of U-verse. I have the temp Ooma number but will port my old number once I get this all set up. *** I am not very tech savvy, but I just started using the Wi-Fi in my house, hooked my Wii in the living room to stream Netflix..love it & purchased & set-up a blue ray player to also stream Netflix in my bedroom. I can read Step-by-Step Instructions, I am kinda making up for loss time with this influx of tech around my house. Ok here is my situation & Qs.

I have a Uverse 2wire I38HG Gateway and from what I understand the Gateway does not do/have the Qos(Quality of Service) to prioritize Ooma traffic. So I need to do a router, then the Ooma, and finally the Gateway. I would like to find a router under $100 and has the Qos feature I need. Does the router have to be wired? I've been to Best Buy, Staples & Radio Shack and wireless routers are only thing that is avail. When I mention Qos the Sales Associates faces go to a blank and they say they don't know what I am talking about.....go to the internet.
1. Wired or Wireless Router w/ Qos?
2. Brand name & model number of recommended router, on the cheap would be bonus!
3. Any step by step instructions to this process would so very, very helpful.
I appreciate any information anyone could provide

fdleon

Re: Ooma Telo & U-verse I38HG Gateway-- Router for Bridge Qs

Post by fdleon » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:34 am

I signed up for Ooma service about 4 Months ago. I installed the Ooma telephone adapter behind my U-verse residential gateway and it worked Perfectly from the first time Until today. I've never had to buy any other routers or anything else.

kdd9618

Post by kdd9618 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:08 pm

fdleon -Do you know why you had issues? I also am concerned about streaming/ buffering issues and Wifi. So you just plugged the Ooma Ethernet into 1 of the 4 plugs nothing into the home network plug?

fdleon

Post by fdleon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:29 am

kdd9618 wrote:fdleon -Do you know why you had issues? I also am concerned about streaming/ buffering issues and Wifi. So you just plugged the Ooma Ethernet into 1 of the 4 plugs nothing into the home network plug?

I had no issues whatsoever. I simply plugged the Ooma Telo into Ethernet port #1 and that was it, end of story. I then activated the Telo per the insturctions from Ooma.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:26 am

I have Netgear WNDR3400, very impressed with its stability especially maintaining wifi connection with Telo wifi adapter. You can get new ones online pretty cheap (currently around $70). There are some stuff I found with it but you can deal with that no problem. /viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16028#p111925
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!