Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#97915 by ctviggen
Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:28 am
Can I access voicemail using the same home phone which is connected to the Ooma box? That is, I have the Ooma box in a utility room in my basement, which is where my network and phone access is. From there, the Ooma box enables use of any phone in the house. I would prefer not to have to physically access the Ooma box to access voicemail.

Can I use my home phone, which is connected to the Ooma box, to access voicemail? If so, how do I do this?

Thank you.
#97959 by ctviggen
Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:53 am
Well, that sucks. My phone will say that we missed a call, but does not support message waiting.

I also don't like that with both Vonage and Comcast, my phone would announce who is calling. With this system for some reason, the phone does not know who is calling. Part of the problem may be that I'm only seeing 7 digits with this system. I looked for a configuration for the phone (not the Ooma, the phone) to turn on 10 digits (in case that's the problem), but I found no way to do that. Nonetheless, I got those notifications with both Vonage and Comcast, but do not get them with Ooma.