Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#97832 by M_M
Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:32 am
Hello, I have had my Ooma hooked up for a couple of months and have a strange issue where certain inbound calls only generate loud static when I pick up the phone. It only seems to happen from certain area codes (I am 773, and I have noticed it from 617). What happens is that the phone rings, caller ID comes through correctly, then I pick up the phone, and there is nothing but very loud static. I then hang up and the ooma is unusable for about 30 seconds. Callers tell me that the phone just keeps ringing on their end, despite my efforts to pick up. I have called Ooma customer service twice, they check my connection speed (which is 5-10 mbps download, 2-5 mbps upload) fiddle with my inbound/outbound settings and then tell me it is fixed. It is not fixed!

Has anyone experienced this problem, or have an idea how to troubleshoot? I was also wondering if there is a way to get 'level 2' support, seems like the people on customer service that I call only know of one way to address this problem - and it aint working... Thanks!
#97834 by M_M
Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:07 am
Thanks, I will try all this stuff tonight and report back. Do you know a good way to test whether this problem is fixed other than having my sister in law try to call me?