Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#94981 by ericute
Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:13 pm
may download speed is 2.36mb
upload is .80 kbps

i cant go to the link you gave me..it says unavailable...

i have a pretty good dsl connection... i just coudn't seem to make my outgoing calls work...my isp is telling me to get a static ip address...which is more money every month...and i told them with my old isp, i dont need a static ip to make my ooma hub work...so it is really frustrating..i cant make calls...
#96909 by glkdcpg
Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 pm
I too was unable to complete an outgoing call, this after changing ISP (also changed modem & router) but I was able to receive calls.

I attempted most solutions that were suggested in this and another similar thread, but nothing helped. At one point, Thunderbird suggested that if one could complete an out-going call only by first dialing "96 or *98, that the problem was with Ooma. I found this to be true. When I finally did call Ooma for help, the tech rep concluded that the problem was definitely on their side and that they would fix the problem by the next day. The tech rep called back a couple hour later, had me turn my Telo off, then back on, and I can once again make outgoing calls without first dialing *96/*98.

Now if I could only resolve the slight delay that often occurs during conversation, I'd be set.