Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#87543 by jgmic1989
Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:00 pm
I just moved my Telo from my summer home to my winter home. Before connecting the Telo device, I had these phones in question connected to my land line, caller id worked just fine. Connected the telo device to my DSL line, connected the base unit to the Telo device, all was well with outgoing and incoming calls, except callerid was now missing. Only thing displayed on the phone set was NO DATA. Proper info shows up in my OOMA call log's.

Worked with OOMA support, and so far have done the following:
Cleared out all callerid info on the phone set
Disconnected the phone set from OOMA hooked it back up to land line, get callerid info just fine.
There are no splitters on the phone port on the Telo device.
There is no RJ11 cable running from the wall port to any phone jack.
I have 1 GE Dect 6.0 base unit plugged into Telo, and 2 other wireless devices that connect to the base unit.
Changed the RJ11 cables running from Telo to the base unit.
There are no fax machines, or any other devices hooked up to Telo, basic setup.
Support says they can't guarentee a phone set to work on the Telo device, but this is pretty simple.
MY OOMA contacts list is very well populated, with my callers.

I do not have a corded phone available to me that I can try.

I would like to get this working before I drop my land line, or go out and buy a new cordless setup.
#87547 by thunderbird
Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:01 pm
Did the caller Id ever work with any phone connected to the Ooma Telo?

I don't know the answer to your problem, but if your Ooma Telo caller Id worked at your Summer home, but doesn’t now at your winter home, it's been reported that some times to get your Ooma profile updated properly, you have to remove power from the Ooma device for 20 minutes, and repower Ooma device, up to three times before everything functions properly.
#87550 by murphy
Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:09 am
Is your Telo configured in Landline integration mode? ie. do you have your landline connected to the Telo's Wall jack and you are using your landline phone number?

If that is the case, caller ID will be problematic.

The solution is to call customer support and switch to standalone mode where they issue you a temporary (or permanent) phone number.
#87553 by jgmic1989
Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:09 am
I have nothing plugged into the wall port of the telo, just the phone port, which is the base unit of my Dect 6.0 phone. Also verfied by using web browser to look at Telo status, states NO LANDLINE Detected.
#88275 by jgmic1989
Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:53 am
I finally was able to borrow a corded phone, and callerid box, and to my surprise it worked. I then went out and bought a new cordless phone set, and it worked, so I have to assume it was my GE DECT 6.0 cordless phone that was the issue. I am now seeing my OOMA contact info on the phone display.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests