Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#86653 by farmerj
Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:07 am
Hi. I just configured a new Ooma behind my router and call quality so far is great, no issues. Now here is my question:
Can I have :
- Line 1 be my local Ooma number that I configured during setup
- Line 2 be a ported phone number

If so, how to set that up? anything special I need to do with the wiring in the house?
#86654 by farmerj
Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:28 am
Reading a sales page at ooma.com, it seems like Line 2 is only possible with a Telo handset. Is that right? I want to avoid using a Dect 6.0 device in my home, is there any way to use Line 2 with a normal phone?
#86666 by farmerj
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:51 am
hi murphy - I shouldn't have brought up dect 6, don't want to get my question off on a tangent. dect 6 and wifi emit rf and I try to avoid them in the house. Good point about the telo base, I need to look into that while still in my 30 day period.

so, when you say "shared pool", not sure what you mean.
- for incoming calls, will Line 1 and Line 2 go to separate voicemail boxes, with different "leave your message" messages?
- when I place an outgoing call using a non-Telo handset phone, can I choose which Line will place the call?

I guess those are the main questions. Just wonder how Ooma will know that I want my new ported number to go on Line 2 and not overwrite the assigned number that I got during setup on Line 1.