Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#77468 by cpdavis
Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:33 am
I agree with bait and switch.
The name & number displayed on one Ooma product with basic service should be included on all products of Ooma with basic service.

Sounds like Ooma is copying AT&T on add on costs.

I think I will return my unit also! That is a deal breaker for me too!!
#77469 by cpdavis
Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:57 am
I am retired and I need to keep costs down but I would really like to have the name and number to show on caller ID but I do not want to pay an additional $10.00 for the premier service.

In my mind, the older generation does not want all the extra features that is included in the premier package. All those features are to confusing. I am sure the younger generation has no problem with them.

You say that adding the name look up costs money then charge something like $1.00, if that is enough, to cover the cost to get number and name added to the basic cost as 1 tier and so on for additional features.
#77471 by danlisman
Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:31 am
cpdavis,
Name identification is not a big inconvenience for me. Most of the calls I answer are from the same people.
All you have to do is to add the individual caller name to the Telo contact list when it does not show. After you add it one time, that name will always show up on your caller ID. :)