Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#71752 by bthessel
Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:54 am
So at the end of November I called my phone company and had my number split to a separate line so that my DSL was on a dry line. I then initiated the port with Ooma. I received a date of Dec. 15 as when it would be completed, 2 weeks but I could live with it. Dec. 15 comes and I login to check my status and the date is now Dec. 29. No notice from Ooma that it had been changed.

So yesterday I log in to check on the status and instead I get the message:

"There was a problem displaying your porting status. One or more fields may be missing. Please contact Ooma support for more information."

I email customer support and the reply I get is anything but helpful:
"We apologize for the inconvenience that the delay in porting your number may have caused you. We have not received any update from our carrier regarding the status of your request. We have already escalated this issue to them and they are communicating with your current service provider to obtain the Firm Order Commitment date of completion.

Kindly check your from time to time as we will give you an update as soon as we receive one."

I am beside myself with anger. I paid for a service $30 for number porting, it has cost me another $30 plus dollars for the secondary line while the number is ported, and I am being told to check from time to time?

Ooma has now missed the date twice and now has no idea when it will be done.

I responded by email and if I don't get a good response I am going to be contacting the BBB and my state Attorney General since I paid for something and I am not receiving it.
#71768 by jblock312
Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:33 am
Same boat.
One of the more frustrating things about porting is the lack of information.
Ooma says the phone company has my porting request and to keep checking the porting status thing, but there is no information there.
I called the phone company, but they say, according to the rules, they cannot tell me anything.
Maybe we should resubmit the port request? But I don't want to pay another $40.
#71770 by bthessel
Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am
and that is my huge complaint here. I paid money for number porting. I also paid additional money so that my dsl was not on the same line as my phone number. Now here I sit with no idea when it will actually be done. Also I have inside connections with the local phone company (Cincinnati Bell) and they have checked and their is nothing on their side holding this up. I was told they do these all the time for people moving to Vonage etc and they usually take about a week.
#71822 by bthessel
Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:43 am

I just got the canned response from Ooma support again asking me to be patient. This is unacceptable customer service in that they are just using cut and paste answers to my questions. I have replied asking for specific information such as a porting reference number. If they can not provide me with this basic info they clearly are not a good company, they have money for commercials on TV but can't actually help their customers use their product after they sell it.
#71847 by lbmofo
Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:24 pm
bthessel, have you directly emailed regarding your port status?

If the other carrier doesn't give a Firm Order Commit date, then Ooma can't do anything about it.

Unless your "inside" connection can view porting statuses, they won't know beep about your situation.

More complication with this, Ooma has to talk to the other carrier via Ooma's carrier such as XO.
#72014 by bthessel
Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:01 pm
Got the canned response from that email also about please be patient. My connection can see everything, he is a business line tech and can see everything in their system. I know the local phone company is not the holdup since I had a neighbor move to vonage 2 weeks ago and it went in like 10 days.

I would be must less annoyed if the porting status page or any of these emails had any info at all, tell a paying customer to be patient and it is up to me to keep checking with no communication from them is a joke. If I could cancel right now and return the box for a full refund I would. If this is their level of customer service I really worry that 6 months from now they go under and our phone numbers are lost and the box is worthless.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests