Cannot recieve incoming calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
rmt
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:04 am

Re: Cannot recieve incoming calls

Post by rmt » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:21 am

I'm experiencing "one ring to voicemail" on an intermittent basis -- four times now (to my knowledge) over the last two months or so (I've had the system for about three months). The first time this happened was the last day of my Premier trial (voice message was forwarded to e-mail and SMS with recorded attachment). The last two of these instances occurred within the last week, and in both of these two instances I was home at the time, the phone was not actively in use, and my wife was the caller.

- System: Ooma Hub with basic service.
- Multi-ring has not been enabled, although I have configured notification via one e-mail and one SMS messages are left.

Cougar
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Cannot recieve incoming calls

Post by Cougar » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:51 pm

murphy wrote:
Cougar wrote:Add me to the list of one ring incoming calls. I call my OOMA telo number from my cell phone and the Telo phone rings once and stops even though I still hear it ringing on the cell phone. It goes to voice mail after the 8th ring just as I set it up. Why does the Telo phone quit ringing even though the caller still hears the ringing?
Do you have multi-ring configured?
Do you have your cell phone set as the multi-ring destination?
No, I do not have muti ring set up.

gpw10
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Re: Cannot recieve incoming calls

Post by gpw10 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:56 am

I am another person with the 1-ring-then-voicemail problem. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens a lot.

I have a Telo with basic service. I have tried changing voicemail pickup delays, call-screening on and off, rebooting the box, playing with the Do-Not-Disturb key (just get a message about it being a Premier feature), and anything else I can think of. Nothing has helped.

Cougar
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Cannot recieve incoming calls

Post by Cougar » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:51 pm

Sounds like a comon issue that as far as I can tell doesn't have a solution posted anywhere on this board. I would think that Ooma would let us know what the solution is or that they are looking into it. I am a new user and find this disappointing.

murphy
Posts: 7251
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Cannot recieve incoming calls

Post by murphy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:15 pm

gpw10 wrote:I am another person with the 1-ring-then-voicemail problem. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens a lot.

I have a Telo with basic service. I have tried changing voicemail pickup delays, call-screening on and off, rebooting the box, playing with the Do-Not-Disturb key (just get a message about it being a Premier feature), and anything else I can think of. Nothing has helped.
Call screening is a Premier feature. If you have a basic account and have access to call screening your account data needs to be straightened out by customer support.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

gpw10
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Re: Cannot recieve incoming calls

Post by gpw10 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:40 pm

murphy wrote:
gpw10 wrote:I am another person with the 1-ring-then-voicemail problem. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens a lot.

I have a Telo with basic service. I have tried changing voicemail pickup delays, call-screening on and off, rebooting the box, playing with the Do-Not-Disturb key (just get a message about it being a Premier feature), and anything else I can think of. Nothing has helped.
Call screening is a Premier feature. If you have a basic account and have access to call screening your account data needs to be straightened out by customer support.
Call-screening doesn't actually work, but the check-box is available on the voicemail config page, right under the number-of-rings setting. I have played with that, and it has done nothing, which is probably correct. Now you make me wonder if the mere presence of the checkbox on the page indicates a problem.

User avatar
lbmofo
Posts: 9337
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Greater Seattle
Contact:

Re: Cannot recieve incoming calls

Post by lbmofo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:44 pm

gpw10 wrote:
murphy wrote:
gpw10 wrote:I am another person with the 1-ring-then-voicemail problem. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens a lot.

I have a Telo with basic service. I have tried changing voicemail pickup delays, call-screening on and off, rebooting the box, playing with the Do-Not-Disturb key (just get a message about it being a Premier feature), and anything else I can think of. Nothing has helped.
Call screening is a Premier feature. If you have a basic account and have access to call screening your account data needs to be straightened out by customer support.
Call-screening doesn't actually work, but the check-box is available on the voicemail config page, right under the number-of-rings setting. I have played with that, and it has done nothing, which is probably correct. Now you make me wonder if the mere presence of the checkbox on the page indicates a problem.
nah, checkbox is there for all basic customers.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

Image

Post Reply