Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#67078 by bbgarnett
Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:40 pm
Hello,

My brother said his work told him that when they try and call our home phone it says we don't accept calls from like private or unidentified callers or whatever. But the thing is there number is not private or anything according to them. Also anyone else can call just fine. My brother works at a Grocery Store called Family Fresh It's in Wi and we live in MN about 5- 10 mins away. Also I can call the store just fine. I got the number from Google and called it and the service desk picked up right away, yet when they call from that same phone no go and say we don't accept calls etc etc. So was wondering what could be the problem. I mean they can call his cell phone and get a hold of him or leave him messages but still am wondering why this is happening. We don't have ooma Premier or anything and I mean in my ooma thing I have call screening enabled but I don't think that has anything to do with this. So yeah any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
#67079 by lbmofo
Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:45 pm
Goto my.ooma.com and see if Preferences - Privacy has "enable anonymous call block" checkbox checked. If so, uncheck that, save setting, give a few minutes and try to see if problem fixed.

https://my.ooma.com/privacy
#67083 by lbmofo
Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:05 pm
Call customer service to see if that box is checked from the backend. They can change that for you if you checked it during Premier trial days and now can't get to the setting online.