Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#60086 by fingal
Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:51 pm
I'm a brand new Ooma Core user. I was excited by this new service yesterday. Today, not so much. I just spent an *exhausting* session with User Support. I think the technician was new on the job and she tried her best but in the end I had a throbbing headache, and am not sure I got the right answer. Their answer is I can’t do what I want. Here goes:

I have the Hub in my home office where the internet cable modem is. The hookup is modem – Hub – computer. I have my 2-line office phone hooked up to the phone port of the hub and my Ooma primary number is working great this way.

I have two Scouts, with the idea of using them for my bedroom and kitchen phones. I have a secondary number. My desire is to have the primary number (or secondary, I don’t care which) ring and be used in my office, and the other number ring in the bedroom and kitchen. So, one number will be the “office” number and the other will be the “home” number. I don’t care if both ring in the office but was hoping only one will ring in the other two rooms.

Can I do what I want? How do I accomplish this magic?

I have an office and a home land line coming to the house which I will be disconnecting, without porting either number. Both land lines have jacks in the office while the home land line is jacked into the other two rooms.

By the way, one Scout has been provisioned with the secondary number. Can someone tell me that I can do this, maybe with some creative wiring/splitters/etc?
#60096 by Groundhound
Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:52 pm
Good news, it likely can be done. So that we can provide the best advice, it would helpful to know if you have DSL on any of the phone lines in your house. Also if there is any POTS line still active on your home wiring.
#60153 by shaklee3
Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:39 pm
Groundhound, can you explain how I can do a similar setup just as you did with the OP? My setup is also an office with two physically separate phone jacks, one for the office line and one for the main line. The main line also connects to a jack in the kitchen. I want to be able to have the ooma hub/scout in the office where the cable modem is, and have only my fax line ring in the office, and my home line ring on my remote phone plugged into the jack in my kitchen. Do you know how I'd do that with a hub and scout?
#60172 by shaklee3
Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:41 am
By POTS disconnected at the NID do you just mean that I'll disconnect the wires going to my cable modem that currently do my digital phone? I have comcast digital voice right now. And no landline integration is correct. Thanks.