Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#56693 by AzJazz
Wed May 26, 2010 11:02 am
Groundhound -

Wow. Wow.

That is impressive, and not in a good way.

Ooma needs to get their act together on this stuff. I have already had 2 tech calls in 3 days of ownership. I wonder how many people who are less tech-savvy return their ooma Telo within a week of purchase?

I have followed your advice, and acquired a Telo number for the interim. I have all my calls on my T-Mobile@Home service directly forwarded to my ooma number. It seems to be working better now.

Is there an option somewhere that will allow my Caller ID from my new ooma number be displayed as my T-Mobile@Home number?
#56701 by Groundhound
Wed May 26, 2010 11:37 am
Landline integration is an idea that is unique to Ooma, AFAIK; but its execution does not match their intentions. Now that you've separated the two services, you no longer need anything plugged into the Telo's wall port. Ooma does not allow CID spoofing for outbound calls (except as it exists as part of the Google Voice Extensions). If you are evaluating Ooma as a replacement for your Tmobile@Home number then the problem goes away once you port the number to Ooma. If you are looking at keeping both services, you may want to look into Google Voice as a front-end for all your numbers - that way you would only need to inform your contacts once regardless of what future services you use.
#56704 by southsound
Wed May 26, 2010 11:52 am