Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#48296 by Mike-o-Matic
Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 pm
Yes, my DIR-615 blocks the icmp traffic also. Unfortunately, the Ooma Hub (which is in front of it) sees the incoming ping first and responds to it. There's no reason for this reply.
#48702 by Mike-o-Matic
Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:15 pm
>> it could be as simple as unplugging the cable that connects the dlink to the
>> rest of the switches of your LAN and plugging that into Ooma's Home Port.

You're right, but there's a small problem. There AREN'T any "rest of the switches." The D-Link is it. It's got enough ports for all my PCs, and I don't want to add a switch downstream if I can help it (reasons given above).

EDIT: Addendum. Sorry, I probably mislead you. When I said I had a "gob of them" (switches) lying about, I should have made it clear they're just sitting in a box, unplugged! Not part of the LAN setup at all.
#48743 by Mike-o-Matic
Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:03 pm
Hmm, that's an interesting suggestion. Sometime when I don't need my phone service up-and-running, perhaps I may try it.

As for the power usage, yes, it's only a few watts, but every little bit helps! I have a Kill-a-Watt P4400 and measure everything. It can make you become obsessive, that's for sure.