Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#45519 by teacup775
Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:39 pm
Your support weenies just ported the wrong number. The converted my cell phone number instead of my land line. Given that I specified the _land_line_ phone number (YYY)-(YYY)-(YYYY) I don't know how many times, I find this mistake really disappointing. You'd think the porter would care to he's porting the correct number on an account that has more than one phone.

Now my cell is going to be offline for 5 days, until ATT can restore it.

This has been bolloxed up twice now. I certainly would prefer to see a refund on the porting charges. I have now paid out an extra $60 buck service to a land line that should have been ported two months ago.
#45528 by amoney
Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:40 pm
How would they have gotten your cell number to begin with???
#45539 by southsound
Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:41 pm
Last edited by southsound on Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
#45541 by oldanbo
Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:14 pm
And most important, I am not an employee of ooma or any other VOIP company. Just a user like 99.5% of the other members of this form. Something about raccoons being unable to meet the minimum height requirements.[/quote]

Thats the same thing they told me when I applied to be an officer at the kirkland pd and wsp after being released from active duty....way back when.

I don't understand why, when's the last time anyone saw a 5'9" racoon wannbe anyway? :shock:

Let's see, I want to port my landline so I give my cell number. Did I miss something? I guess so.

Cheers
#45542 by teacup775
Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:37 pm
Sorry Mr Raccoon.

Put yourself in my shoes. Support is only available during normal business hours. It is Friday evening. My cell phone is the only phone I care about, and the land line I could give a fig about.

What am I going to do call the support line and get the "call us back working hours" as a way to deal with my frustration?

The porter mostly likely took the cell phone number from my att account, which I gave them access to. I have to assume the individual in question grabbed the first number he saw. But it is also possible the individual who did the port was given my cell which was used during a support call instead of the land line.

The label says OOMA forum. I feel it's appropriate to vent about service issues here.
#45553 by teacup775
Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:59 pm
I filled out an online form, and verified that the original request verification mail lists the correct phone #... but the service call follow up mail shows they swapped it for my cell. One of those things I didn't even think to look at since it was predicated by a long phone call and the cell was given out only as a contact number AND the nature of the support call wasn't about changing the number, but them gaining access to the att account to grant the port.

sigh --
#45563 by southsound
Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:57 am