Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#44945 by caseybea
Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:21 am
I filled out the electronic LOA in Jan 21st. The next day, I got the automated email ("we'll send you a date estimate within 5 business days"). It's been nearly two weeks, I have called customer service TWICE-- I really would like my cutover date in writing. I've been "told" it's scheduled for Feb 18th.
#44948 by jkjflee
Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:48 am
I am going on week 5 with no communication from ooma. No emails... no calls.... no support.. The port was scheduled on 1/20/10. I called they gave me no reason for the delay. I have been told they are working on this. It would be nice the communicate with you instead of letting you sit in the dark. The day I requested the port they charged me $40 that part went fine it showed on my credit card the next day. Only if the porting worked as fast.
#44949 by noppenbd
Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:23 am
My port with Verizon is in progress. The email from Ooma indicated a 1/20/2010 port date, and in fact my Ooma Telo did switch over to my ported number on 1/20. Landline Verizon dial tone was gone the next day. However, it was not so smooth on the Verizon billing side. The port order went through but Verizon then sent a "disconnect request" to Ooma which should have shut down the billing of my landline. Ooma rejected this twice, which allowed Verizon to keep billing me until this morning (2/2), when I manually shut down my landline. Verizon gave me several stern warnings that it is possible that I would lose my number since according to them, the port was not complete. Ooma customer service says the port completed fine on their end and I am ok to cancel my Verizon landline. We shall see what happens. By the way this all took about 2 weeks and 7-8 long phone calls to figure out. Not sure why this was such a mess.
#44958 by jmassimilla
Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:56 am
My port from Vonage took 3 weeks, by the book. Seamless transition, didn't even notice any down time.
#44996 by oomairvine
Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:04 pm
I filled out the electronic LOA in Jan 23. And I got email from ooma "The expected completion date of your request is scheduled on 02/09".
#45005 by caseybea
Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:20 pm
#45008 by stubeeef
Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:34 pm
Overall mine went fine.
If you are doing it in conjunction with Premier-make sure it is well known with Customer Service.
It happened on the date I was told it would, and just be aware that there is a delay from the disconnect from a land line to the Ooma. Mine had a few hour dead time.
All has been well since.