Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#44527 by gbuskirk
Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:58 pm
I'll add my voice. I went premier in part because of the promise of GVE. Chances that I will renew premier are diminished if GVE is not available at renewal time.
#44992 by Derik
Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:08 pm
Honestly, not buying the software on the device excuse. Half the GVE can be accomplished on their end.

Changing your outgoing number to your GV number: their end.
Rerouting incoming calls though GV first: their end.

The only possible sticky part would be the voicemail button interaction, and I'm perfectly happy to give those up for the other two.

Mid last year I really thought that Ooma was a company that knew how to communicate with their customers. That's not the case anymore.
#45033 by jaysullivan
Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:36 am
I was hoping that they'd announce something on February 1st - at least a beta. My free Premier membership runs out this month and I was hoping that I could test out GVE on my hub. (Sigh)
#45233 by MWPollard
Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:29 am
Glad now that I didn't get the lifetime premier at the end of the year. I figured I'd wait until GVE came out and delay the expense by a few months, particularly since they are already almost a year behind schedule.

Now I want to see if they even do make GVE available for the Hub. I have two scouts and don't want to replace my three extension phones (four in all) with Telo handsets at $50 each. Not only did I buy my Hub and first Scout after the GVE announcement, I have since gotten a GV number and bought my second Scout because of the proposed features with GVE, particularly notification and direct access to GV voicemail. Right now I have to check both accounts separately.