Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#38886 by oldanbo
Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:29 pm
okay..my understanding is that your isp is (you fill in the blanks), and that verizon provides you a hard wired telephone. Is that correct?

If so ooma is an add on to your existing internet service, not a verizon FITL service. You paid for the hub, ooma provided a phone number and you should be good to go. If you disconnect your drop or inside wiring from the connection at the demarc, your ooma phone will still work. I mean the phone connected to the phone port on the ooma hub will still work. T or F?

If T(rue), leave that phone connected to the hub phone port and forward your verizon number to the ooma number until the port happens.

The key here is what I think others have said. To test disconnect from the outside provider, cable phone port on hub to existing outlet, and test. It will/should work. That would include your answering machine, cordless phones, etc.. If that test is good, and I suspect it will be, then have your number ported. It will be fine.

A lot of very knowledgeable people have spent their personal time trying to help you with this. I exclude myself from that classification. But, I have a sense that you are indecisive. That's fine too, but maybe it's time to take it upon yourself.

Regards