Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#15864 by flapjack
Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:21 pm
I'm a new ooma customer. I just set up, but don't have an analog phone to test (been using a Packet8 true IP phone). I am also interested in integrating ooma via SIP.

My primary goal is to use Windows Mobile 6.5's VOIP dialing ability. With a properly written configuration file (including all the SIP login info), you can use a VOIP dialer to dial over 3g or WiFi instead of burning up your cell phone minutes.

I'm also interested in integrating ooma with Google Voice.

Really looking forward to SIP-related features, as I'm also considering setting up an Asterisk server on my domain.

Hopefully, ooma doesn't go the route of other VOIP providers and lock down their SIP info (8x8, if you're listening, this is why I left!).
#15923 by flapjack
Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:28 am
My apologies, but I did read the entire thread, paying particular attention to Bobby B's posts.

My question was a fairly new one, in that having the SIP info could allow me to dial from a windows mobile phone over WiFi or 3g.

I did express a desire for Google Voice integration. I know it is "around the corner"... I just that's not what is usually means when companies say it.

Nothing bad against ooma, I've just learned that many companies don't deliver what they promise. I hope ooma is different, as I bought the system based on the press release from back in March. It's August now, and we're still hearing "around the corner". GV is no longer in beta. It's the real deal.
#15927 by WayneDsr
Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:42 am
I believe ooma does lock down their SIP at this time. That's what the older posts state.

In September, ooma is rolling out a new Lounge with the inclusion of Google Voice.

Being a customer of ooma I have never seen them back out of a commitment, maybe later than the originally suggested, but they always come through.

Wayne
#16371 by bw1
Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:01 am
If you had the SIP info associated with your account - so that you can use a wifi phone or setup an asterisk server, wouldn't you then be able to supply that info to someone else and they would then be able to make free calls using your account info? Seems like no VoIP provider would supply the info then.