Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#14544 by Aveamantium
Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:33 pm
I just had to check in to the board before heading off to bed because my ears just wouldn't stop burning! :)

Looks like southsound, wayne and niknak are offering excellent advice as usual so I'm just stopping in to say hi!
#14546 by WayneDsr
Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:45 pm
Hey! I'm about ready to turn in myself.

Wayne
#14549 by southsound
Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:51 pm
#14551 by aLf
Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:26 am
Good Morning Gentlemen! Great info, just too much for a non-telco, pilot with jet lag.

First of all, let me draw a picture. I have a Leviton Box with a telco block m(8 wire) I have wired each of the (8 wire) terminals to a cat5 wire that runs to many outlets in the house. That said, what is the easiest way to make this work?

So if I understand by melding all your posts together. I just need to hook up the "modem" (simple part). Then route (plug in a cat 5, wired the same as the block) to the "home" of my block. Doing this only. Then on the pair 2 anywhere in the house, the scout will work? Dial tone at every outlet on pair 1?

Again, I appologize, I fly airplanes for a living. You guys are the masters, I'm just looking for a little dual here.

aLf
#14589 by niknak
Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:01 pm
Ok thanks Scott,
then I guess he needs all pairs that he wants on Line #1 to be wired in parallel with a leg going to the ooma hub phone port and he needs the 1 pair that he wants the scout to be on connected to the wall ports of the hub and scout
#14593 by aLf
Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:26 pm
Scott & niknak:

Thank you both. I'm assuming that the scout as I said is pre-wired to use the other two pins from factory. It doesn't matte rwhich two I use, but if the RJ pin has 4 wires and I believe the inside two are line one and the outside two are line 2. Now I understand the splitter in the picture. I got side tracked today with neighbors, but will either tonite or tomorrow hookk it up.

aLf