Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#69062 by Bill_B
Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:38 am
I have three handsets that often seem to lose sync with the Telo while they are just idle, sitting on their chargers. The symptom I notice immediately is that the time/date on the display is off. I'm guessing it is showing the last time it was able to communicate with the Telo. If the phone is in this state, it won't ring when there are incoming calls.

In fact, if the handset is in this state, I can consistently press the voicemail button to no effect. I usually have to press the green button or the speaker button and wait and get a dial tone before the handset becomes responsive. At that time, the display is updated and I can get to voicemail.

It seems that this is happening less often to the handset that is closest to the Telo (25 ft) and more often with one that is father away.

Has anyone else run into this?
#69064 by ntoy
Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:59 am
Hello Bill_B,

Try clearing all handset registrations as follows:

-connect a standard phone to the "Phone" port on the back of your telo
-pick up receiver and dial *#*#191 - this should reset all handsets back to factory settings
-you will notice that all registered handsets start showing "Auto Registration"
-try re-registering the handsets one by one again.
#69312 by Bill_B
Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:04 pm
Ok, I re-registered all the handsets per the instructions you provided. I'll see how this works and will keep you posted.

Thanks.
#69643 by Bill_B
Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:15 pm
Well, it worked for a while. The handsets were keeping the correct time for a while. Now, I have one that had lost sync three days ago (as indicated by the last time/date displayed on the handset), and does not ring when the others do. I picked up the phone and had to press the voicemail button a few times for it to connect to the Telo again.

It seems the handsets need to be used every few days or they lose sync... :(
#69644 by southsound
Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:19 pm
By any chance was the offending handset registered as HS3?
#69645 by Bill_B
Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:27 pm
southsound wrote:By any chance was the offending handset registered as HS3?



Hmmm... Why, yes... yes it was. Though this isn't the only handset to have done this, it is the first to exhibit the symptom after I did the re-registration. Previously, there were I believe two that were doing it.

I have three handets registered as 1,3 and 4. I had to RMA a handset early on - I guess that used to be #2.
#69646 by southsound
Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:37 pm
When you cleared the Telo using the *#*#191 procedure that Norman Toy recommended, the handsets should have reregistered sequentially. Strange that it skipped over HS2 and went to HS3 and HS4. The reason I ask about it being HS3 is that some others have asked about a similar loss of sych with their handsets - and it is almost the one registered as HS3. In my way of thinking, that may mean that it is more of a code problem than an actuall hardware problem. Of course, this is just a guess, but for one person I recommended putting a piece of tape on the back of each handset with the HS1, HS2, etc. Then, after clearing the Telo with the above procedure, reregister all of the handsets in a different order - making HS1 into HS3, HS3 becoming HS2, and HS4 becoming HS1. That way you can tell if the problem is following the designation (and therefore a software bug) or an actual hardware failure.
#69647 by Bill_B
Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:48 pm
Thanks for the tip. I think I may wait a little while first; I'd like to see if this is progressive or not. Prior to the registration, it seemed to me that the loss of sync got progressively worse. So, I'd like to confirm that, and if it happens to multiple handsets (like it did before). If that is the case, then I believe that would preclude a particular handset hardware problem.
#69660 by dbarr9
Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:42 pm
Bill_B wrote:
southsound wrote:By any chance was the offending handset registered as HS3?



Hmmm... Why, yes... yes it was. Though this isn't the only handset to have done this, it is the first to exhibit the symptom after I did the re-registration. Previously, there were I believe two that were doing it.

I have three handets registered as 1,3 and 4. I had to RMA a handset early on - I guess that used to be #2.


I had a similar problem with HS3. I described the problem to customer service as the handset going to sleep (although powered the handset would not ring - I had to push a key to wake it up).

I was taken through a procedure to de-register the handset (note that *#*#191 did not work in this case). The procedure involved going to the setup page of the Telo and then typing
"http://setup.ooma.com/cgi-bin/mfgdiags/frontpanel/unlock_hs.lua" (without the quotes)
This procedure completely de-registered all handsets.
Once I completed this and re-register my HS (now HS1) everything was ok and the handset behaved properly.
#69669 by Bill_B
Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:13 am
Thanks dbarr9, I'll add that to the list of things to try. That makes sense for my situation, since the after the dial de-registration sequence, my handsets still re-registered as numbers 1,3,4.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests