Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#68953 by lexie123
Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:01 am
I purchased my Ooma telo just a little over a week ago. It was working fine and I'm currently sharing the connection with my Vonage device while I'm waiting for the complete phone number port transfer. It was working fine, the blue logo light was on the whole time, until this morning when I noticed that all the lights were out except for a dark orange light for the "import to voicemail" icon on the machine. I tried to reboot and do the entire setup all over again, but it does the same thing. The "1 2" lights come on first, the "play, stop, forward" buttons at the bottom light up, then the three icons on the top flash for about 5-10 seconds. After that, the Ooma logo flashes red, then everything goes out. What's wrong with it??? I'm a little bummed out because if this doesn't work, the porting process is already in progress with Vonage.

Also, I want to see if there are some settings I can change with the unit, but when I go to "http:setup.ooma.com", it comes back as "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Then I tried to call customer service, it's closed because it's a Saturday. GREAT!! It's can't be anymore frustrating!! Can someone please tell me what's going on? Thank you!

Alexandra
#68957 by WayneDsr
Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:54 am
Are you saying the Telo does not work after the lights go out?

Usually the lights go completely out when the lights are shut off. Tap the "SUN" icon on the top row of buttons a couple of times to brighten the lights.

Do you have the Telo between your router and modem? modem-->Telo-->router
or do you have the Telo after your router modem-->router--Telo

This will change how you connect to get the setup page.

Wayne
#68980 by lexie123
Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:29 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Are you saying the Telo does not work after the lights go out?

Usually the lights go completely out when the lights are shut off. Tap the "SUN" icon on the top row of buttons a couple of times to brighten the lights.

Do you have the Telo between your router and modem? modem-->Telo-->router
or do you have the Telo after your router modem-->router--Telo

This will change how you connect to get the setup page.

Wayne

I just got home and the Ooma logo all lights are blue now except for the "send to email" icon which is in orange. The dial tone still sounds different. The ooma dial tone usually has that melodic tone to it. Also, when I woke up this morning, all the lights are out except for the "send to email" icon which was in orange. I tried to reset and some lights turned blue, the first row upper lights flashed a couple times, then the ooma logo would flash red for 5-10 seconds before all the lights go out again. So, I had no idea what was that all about. I had to leave for an appointment and left it that way as I didn't have time to figure out what was wrong with it. I came home and all the lights are blue again. The dial tone does not sound like the ooma dial tone anymore, though.

I currently have the Verizon DSL modem/router. The only way I can connect my telo is through one of the four ethernet ports of the router (labeled as E1, E2, E3, E4) as the router connects to the internet through the telephone dry line. I'm sharing the line with my Vonage now until the port transfer is complete. It sounds like the dial tone I hear now is from my Vonage.
#68981 by southsound
Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:54 pm
Your Telo is in "Do Not Disturb" mode. Press and hold the button down for several seconds and it will turn blue.

The strange dialtone you hear is the "stutter tone" that lets you know that the system is in DND mode.

And lest I forget, welcome to ooma and to the forums! We're glad to have you here.
#68985 by lexie123
Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:21 pm
southsound wrote:Your Telo is in "Do Not Disturb" mode. Press and hold the button down for several seconds and it will turn blue.

The strange dialtone you hear is the "stutter tone" that lets you know that the system is in DND mode.

And lest I forget, welcome to ooma and to the forums! We're glad to have you here.

Oh, I see...Thank you for the welcome. :)

So, what caused the "outage" this morning? And what is the DND mode?
#68991 by southsound
Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:11 pm
lexie123 wrote:
southsound wrote:Your Telo is in "Do Not Disturb" mode. Press and hold the button down for several seconds and it will turn blue.

Oh, I see...Thank you for the welcome. :)

So, what caused the "outage" this morning? And what is the DND mode?

DND means Do Not Disturb - it sends all calls to voicemail.

Also you asked about why when you tried to go to setup.ooma.com IE displayed a message that it was not available. There was not an outage. This page is created by a webserver that is internal to your Telo. You need to temporarily connect a computer to the Home Network port to access this page. If you do this, while you are there, go to Advanced and change the MAC address to Use Built-in. It can save you problems down the road. There's not much you need to do on the setup pages with your configuration, so you should not need to access it often.