Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#68662 by jimf
Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:00 am
I have already ported one number to Ooma and I'm considering porting a second number. The second number would need to run on a different twisted pair inside the house so different handsets will ring. Does this require another Telo unit or can the second ported number piggy-back on the existing Telo?
#68665 by lbmofo
Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:05 am
You'll need a 2nd Telo.
Hub/Scout can run 2 separate pairs in the house but not with Telo.
#68674 by ntoy
Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:33 pm
Hello,

With a telo unit, one line would be controlled on the phone connected to the phone port on the telo & you would need to have at least one telo handset with the 2nd number assigned to it. Also, premier would be required to use both lines.
#68676 by jimf
Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:57 pm
The second line will have a dedicated fax, so a telo handset wouldn't seem to be the best option. Looks like telo #2 is required.
#68678 by ntoy
Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:13 pm
Yes, we recommend connecting fax machines directly to the phone port on the telo.
I would suggest trying some test faxes first before purchasing a 2nd.
#68727 by jimf
Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:10 am
After looking at Ooma message boards, it would seem that too many folks have problems with faxing. I don't want to connect the fax directly to the Telo, either since it needs to service the house and I'd rather put it in a network closet with the other network gadgets. For now, I'll stick with Vonage, which seems to work fine with this setup. The big reason to go with Ooma was number blacklist since that mumber is overwhelmed with spam calls even though it is on the Do Not Call list.

Hopefully these fax problems will be resolved in the future.