Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#73698 by DawnW
Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:34 pm
thanks. I actually went through all of this while on the phone with a tech support. I used a lot of cell minutes to do it as well. One call was well over an hour.

It is still having issues. I typically get it all to go out once per day to every other day and have to reboot everything.

It might be worth a shot to do again.....it did last a couple of weeks before it started causing issues again.

Dawn

thunderbird wrote:DawnW:

I see you have been an Ooma customer for some time. Maybe you have already done this but if you haven't give it a try. Selecting the Ooma device Built In address adds stability to you system.

Something else to try:
a. Access your Ooma Telo “home port” by plugging in a patch (network) cable from the Ooma Telo home port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the patch cable, so that a proper connection occurs. (If your router is positioned behind your Ooma device, skip to step b.)
b. Type http://setup.ooma.com in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
c. In the left hand Navigation window, select “Network”.
d. Under “Network Settings” go to network connection: select the down arrow with your mouse and select “Automatic” (if not already set to Automatic).
e. Under “Modem Port MAC Address”, select Use Built in:
f. Select the “Update button”.
g. Do a “cold boot” of the Router or the Ooma device if positioned before the router.
h. After the router cold boot, do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device, or the router if positioned after the Ooma device.
#73748 by DawnW
Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:10 am
I am not sure. I know we have tried both ways....my husband always takes care of it. I know he said that when the internet went through Ooma first is when we had the most problems, so he reconfigured it and we do have fewer issues with Ooma, but the same issues with the modem. We didn't have these issues before Ooma though.

We spent about an hour on the phone with our cable company last night and our equipment from them is 6 years old so they are sending new equipment.

It *could* be that our modem is not playing nicely. We will try the upgrade and see if that helps.

I didn't get a new Ooma device, but will call again if the new modem still causes the issues.

Dawn
#73751 by thunderbird
Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:15 am
Dawn:

Almost always when the Ooma device disconnects from the Internet, the problem is with the Modem or Internet provicer. So I was going to suggest doing some VoIP tests to verify. But since you are already going to replace your old modem, there is no need at this time.

Let us know how things come out.
#75020 by DawnW
Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:23 pm
Still haven't received our new modem and makes me wonder if it is really on it's way.

I will call again on Monday. We should probably replace our router as well. They are both a bit older.

Dawn
#77165 by DawnW
Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:40 pm
I got a new router from the cable company. I understood they would mail it to me, but after waiting and calling back they told me I had to take it in myself.

So far, I haven't had anymore dropped calls and my internet hasn't gone out daily anymore either.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks,

Dawn