Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#68232 by amyinca
Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:14 pm
do you work for ooma? ntoy doesn't know my ticket number or case number. I doubt that RMA means they are automatically going to send you another brand new unit without you shipping back your old unit first. I have no confirmation from anyone at ooma about a replacement being sent and I am left with no further instructions about how to remedy this situation, except to wait it out which is what I am doing. 1..2.. weeks or more.
#68236 by Bobby B
Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:15 pm
Norm looked up your case number by your forum e-mail address. I see a next-day air unit being sent out today via UPS.

I'm a bit surprised no one informed you of the shipment - I'll ask our support team why this was not the case since there's UPS tracking info in the case. RMAs for Telos and Hubs work like the following:

1. You'll get a replacement unit (usually via UPS).
2. Unplug your old unit and plug in your new unit. You don't need to activate the replacement unit - it's been configured to work with your existing account.
3. After the unit goes into service, let it sit for 5-10 minutes while it grabs the latest upgrade image (if there is one). Afterwards, you'll see it reboot.

amyinca wrote:do you work for ooma? ntoy doesn't know my ticket number or case number. I doubt that RMA means they are automatically going to send you another brand new unit without you shipping back your old unit first. I have no confirmation from anyone at ooma about a replacement being sent and I am left with no further instructions about how to remedy this situation, except to wait it out which is what I am doing. 1..2.. weeks or more.
#68333 by DawnW
Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:08 am
Ok, I don't know what RMA is, but I called yesterday and they did some tweaking. It worked when I hung up the phone and then started in again!

So I turned everything off and on again and on the 3rd time it seems to have stuck, so it is working currently. HOpefully it will stay on!

Dawn
#68334 by murphy
Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:23 am
RMA stands for Return Material Authorization and is a code that allows the manufacturers receiving department to accept a defective (usually) product that has been shipped back to them. Without the RMA code on the package they would refuse the shipment.
#71762 by donbarger
Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:20 am
I have had this same situation. For over a year I never had problems now all of a sudden my Ooma device loses connectivity within a few minutes of being plugged in. Nothing on my network has changed... just having problems with Ooma. :(
#71881 by nn5i
Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:04 am
murphy wrote:ntoy said that there is a replacement unit on [its] way to you.

No, he said there was an RMA on its way. Usually that's just an authorization to return the unit for repair or replacement. You box up the unit, write the RMA number on the outside, ship it back, and wait for your replacement unit.

Maybe there's a replacement unit on its way, but that's not what ntoy said.
#73571 by DawnW
Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:49 pm
UGH!

Two and half hours on customer service and we still have issues.

I have now just resigned myself to the idea of having to reboot at least once per day. I have rebooted twice today.

It does reset the first try USUALLY now, but still kicks the internet offline, which is a pain.

We have reconfigured it as well, which is better than it was.

I do wonder if it is the unit, but after calling and going through the motions for 2.5 hours over the course of 3 calls I really don't want to go through it again. For one thing, it uses up my cell minutes, which is very annoying as I don't have unlimited minutes on my cell.

Dawn
#73572 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:37 pm
DawnW:

I see you have been an Ooma customer for some time. Maybe you have already done this but if you haven't give it a try. Selecting the Ooma device Built In address adds stability to you system.

Something else to try:
a. Access your Ooma Telo “home port” by plugging in a patch (network) cable from the Ooma Telo home port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the patch cable, so that a proper connection occurs. (If your router is positioned behind your Ooma device, skip to step b.)
b. Type http://setup.ooma.com in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
c. In the left hand Navigation window, select “Network”.
d. Under “Network Settings” go to network connection: select the down arrow with your mouse and select “Automatic” (if not already set to Automatic).
e. Under “Modem Port MAC Address”, select Use Built in:
f. Select the “Update button”.
g. Do a “cold boot” of the Router or the Ooma device if positioned before the router.
h. After the router cold boot, do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device, or the router if positioned after the Ooma device.