Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#68077 by DawnW
Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:20 am
This is day 2 of this going on.

The red blinking light never comes on, but it just keeps running the blue lights along the bottom row over and over and over. The phone isn't working, just the same as if the red light were blinking.

I have unplugged, replugged, and reunplugged and replugged everything I can think of several times to reboot.

Still just has the blue lights searching.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dawn
#68099 by ntoy
Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:44 am
Hello,

Last log file I saw was on 11/1 & nothing out of the ordinary.

As a suggestion can we perform a slow boot. To do so, power off ALL devices.

For example: In this configuration: Modem>Ooma>Router

With ALL devices power off for 5 minutes, power them back in this order:

1. Modem - and allow a few minutes for it to come online.
2. Ooma - and allow extra minutes for it to come online.
3. Router - Once Ooma is up.
#68116 by DawnW
Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:06 am
Thanks.

I had to do it three times, but it is back up now.

I have had a lot of issues lately with the phone going out and it sometimes will also turn the internet off. It happens at least once per week.

This was the first time it just kept searching over and over though. Usually it goes to red and I reboot everything a few times and it will finally work.

Thanks,

Dawn
#68160 by DawnW
Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:49 pm
ARGH! It started again. I went shopping and by the time I came home it was searching again.

I have rebooted it twice and really just need to use the internet at the moment so I am not inclined to start everything up again.

It is driving me crazy!

Dawn
#68221 by amyinca
Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:11 pm
I have had the same problems with my ooma unit. Had it for for 3-4 months bought from Amazon. Working perfectly for few months. Then out of the blue, the bottom four, rewind-stop-play-forward buttons started constantly blinking blue from left to right...like airport lights lighting up a runway. This happened about a week ago and nothing was touched, no cords no nothing. I had to reboot everything, same problem. Took the ooma to a different location in my house, reboot everything, it work for like a week before the problems arose. I contacted your support email, they said it was a tier 3 escalated issue...something they were aware of. I think something is defective with your product? Please find me an update or patch or somethign or I will have to go buy another one to replace this! My last resort will have to revert to my a landline because I am getting fed up with the trouble of owning an ooma.
#68224 by amyinca
Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:15 pm
How long is the RMA process? Am I getting an update patch or going to be returning this for another unit?

I don't have an RMA #. All i have is a "ticket number for this issue" with no other instructions.

I am out of an Ooma right now and racking up phone charges on my cell phone.
#68229 by murphy
Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:29 pm
amyinca wrote:I need something RELIABLE. Any ideas?

ntoy said that there is a replacement unit on it's way to you.