Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#67948 by sputnik
Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:56 am
Just got the Ooma Telo, installed it, and am testing, awaiting my home phone number port.

I also have been using a VoIP system on my home network for work. Physically it is a Linksys IP Phone SPA 942. We use VirtualPBX for our office PBX and Callcentric for VoIP calling.

Both the Linksys phone and Ooma are connected to our Actiontec GT724R DSL modem/router, as is a wireless AP that we use for the rest of our home networking needs.

After installing the Ooma I noticed that the Linksys would from time to time reboot itself - and this happened even when I was in the middle of a call. It's as if the phone receives some command to restart itself, and it goes through its initial power-up sequence a couple of times before coming back on line. I had not seen it do this before, but since brining the Ooma online it has happened a half dozen times or so.

Is there something need to do to configure the Ooma, or Actiontec, or Linksys so that these devices "play well" with each other?

I work from home often and my call volume on the Linksys is fairly heavy. Volume on the Ooma will probably be heavier in the evenings, so things should balance out.

Thanks for any ideas.

Best,

Dave
#67950 by WayneDsr
Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:49 am
Make sure the ooma device and the other device are not sharing an ip from the Actiontec.
Give them both their own static IP if you can.

Wayne
#67960 by southsound
Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:09 pm
You might also want to temporarily connect a computer to the home port of your Telo and from setup.ooma.com or http://172.27.35.1 set your system to use the built-in MAC address - not automatic which is the default.