Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#67759 by i24u
Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:02 pm
I just switched from packet 8 to ooma and everything works fine except for my cordless phones now show no data. I have GE Dect 6.0 phones probably 3-4 years old. The call waiting feature seems to work but no caller id shows up on the phone. The phones will light up and say no data. They will show what headset number they are then just randomly light up then say no data. I got the base phone to work one time (showed caller id) but since then nothing. They worked fine with packet 8 and I know I have the latest software updates. The time changes on the phone also when someone calls cause after I left it unplugged it went back to 12:00 Is there anything I can do or try.
#67834 by highq
Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:02 am
Are you using landline integration? That setup does not pass along Caller ID data to phones connected to the Telo.
#67845 by i24u
Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:01 pm
Nope hooked right up to the ooma. Modem-ooma-router. The other two phones and dish box work fine but the two cordless phones, the base unit and the side unit, both don't work. I see others have issues with cordless phones also. I thought the new software fixed the problem, guess not.
#67851 by lbmofo
Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:50 pm
If you are running ooma standalone, and you don't get callerid? then, try a different phone. Maybe you have one of them rare phones that have callerid compatibility issues with ooma.
#68039 by capecodfam
Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:02 pm
I have 2 GE DECT phones that also show no data. But, I think they're not 100% compatible with ooma. I have a telo and a handset,w/latest update. Modem -> telo and then telo feeding the cat 3 through the house as per ooma whole house guide. CID works on the handset and the dish network on the TVs. My GE's screens and batteries are on their last legs anyway so it was not as important to get it working on them. CID did work flawless on the GE's when I had vonage.

I took a gamble on the handset and have to say that it does work great. We love having all of the features built into it and having our contact list synched up for us via ooma.com.