Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#67644 by ticotexas
Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:20 am
Has anybody else experienced the telo start playing these crazy loud tones for about 15-20 seconds out of the blue? It's startling. Also, my line 1 stays red even though the phone is not in use. I had to unplug it and reboot. It happened once a month or so ago, and it's happened twice today.
#67656 by ntoy
Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:05 am
Hello,

Is the Crazy Fast Noise something like a hollar dialtone? Were the lights blue on your telo when this happened?
And there were no phones offhook?
#67691 by ticotexas
Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:27 pm
No phones were off-hook and all lights were blue prior. It plays some wierd scary digital melody, really harsh and screechy. While its going off, my line 1 is red. When it stops, line 1 stays red. I initially waited to see if it would change to blue. It didn't, and pressing any buttons didn't change anything either. After a couple minutes, the whole loud and fast beeping and buzzing started over. So I unplugged it. No one else I know who has ooma has had it happen to them. I'm baffled. I guess next time, I could try picking up a phone and see what I hear.
#67692 by ticotexas
Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:28 pm
ntoy wrote:Is the Crazy Fast Noise something like a hollar dialtone?

I don't know what that is. What's a hollar dialtone?
#67710 by murphy
Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:43 am
ticotexas wrote:
ntoy wrote:Is the Crazy Fast Noise something like a hollar dialtone?

I don't know what that is. What's a hollar dialtone?

If you take your phone (any phone, landline or Ooma) off hook and don't dial a number, 27 seconds later it will enter a process that eventually results in an extremely loud fast beeping noise designed to get your attention to put the phone back on hook.
#69421 by rodak
Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:35 pm
Just found this thread after I started my own (typical).

Yes, I just experienced it, and no, it's not a "hollar dial tone" (i've never heard that term, but know the sound you mean).